Advantages of Manufactured Stone
Manufactured stone is a concrete product made of portland cement, lightweight aggregate, and iron-oxide pigments guaranteed not to fade and just as resilient as natural stone. Manufactured stone:
- Offers great looks and durability at less than half the price of real stone installed
- Doesn’t require the same structural support as natural stone
- Comes in colors and patterns not found locally in nature
- Can be applied directly to walls with mortar
- May be installed 2 to 6 times as quickly as natural stone
- Is an environmentally friendly building material
- Creates less waste than natural stone since it comes in numerous standard sizes and is uniform throughout
- Much lighter than real stone…less shipping costs
- Maintenance free–does not require paint, sealants, etc.
- Fire, insect, and mold resistant
- Creates a sense of permanence and strength that is indistinguishable from that of real stone
We love working with Stone Mill because of their willingness to work with us on whatever we need. We have been able to take our clients ideas or requests to Stone Mill and they will make it happen. Rarely do we get to simply pick something from stock. It is usually a very customized order and they are willing to go the extra mile to make it happen and stay within budget.
David and JayCee K.